Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Chairman

This may seems strange to those who know me, but am continually fascinated with old things. Chairs in particular fascinate me. I have concluded that my fascination is derived in a certian degree by the mystery connected with the old item. Everything that is affected by human interaction contains a unique history. Chair are obviously designed to interact with people on a regular basis. It is due to this that I find chairs to be so cool.

I currently have two chairs of which I am proud. I guess you could call this the beginning of my collections, but I don't know if I would go that far... yet. Since I don't have pictures of my chairs I'll try and describe them.

Small Swivel Task Chair
This chair is pretty cool... it is full swivel task chair with a screw height adjustment and a reclining back. Its construction is solid wood and cast iron.

Small wooden folding chair
This, I can only assume was the predecessor to the metal folding chairs we know and love. The cool thing is it folds differently, is kinda layed back, and smaller. I have used this a lot for photography.

Chairs for me are a new thing. I haven;t done a lot of research concerning chairs and their styles, but I think I may start. My grandpa... has/had a old dental chair from the... I don't know what era, but its cool. If I had room for it I would love to have it. My mom just recently acquired a cool old school desk. Chairs like these have character. They have their own history.

Okay I guess i'm certifiable now. I'll see what I can do about getting some photos up.

No comments: